There are many complete uppers available for the AR-15 platform. The AR-15 is becoming a very versatile combat rifle. Switching uppers is very easy and only takes a minute or less. You can shoot 5.56 Nato, 6.8 SPC, 300 AAC, 9mm Lugar, 40 S&W, 45 acp, 10mm Auto all from a single AR-15 lower. Complete uppers cost about $350 – $800 depending on options. You can even get a 50 BMG upper for about $1,500.
DSA manufactures some really nice looking complete AR-15 uppers with lots of options and the prices are very good.
DSA ZM4 A3 Upper Receiver with 16″ M4 barrel.
Here are the specs
- 7075 T6 forged flat top receiver
- Forged front sight base with bayonet lug
- A2 flash suppressor
- 16″ chrome moly barrel – parkerized
- 1:9 rifling twist M4 barrel
- Rail hand guard
- Flip up rear sight
- Aluminum delta ring
- M4 feed ramps
- Upper half assembled but without bolt, bolt carrier or charging handle
- Includes 12 rail covers
Retail Price $350.00